Please find the original posting here:
The Postdoctoral Research Associate program in the iSchool seeks to provide mentoring and community support to prepare candidates for tenure-stream assistant professor or other permanent appointments inside and outside of academia. Program participants will be given an opportunity to build both their research agenda and their teaching experience under the guidance of a faculty mentor, who will provide individual guidance and support. iSchool-supported postdocs will teach up to one course per semester and serve on at least one service committee.
The School opens both a general call for applicants on an annual cycle each January and off-cycle calls for grant-funded opportunities associated with specific faculty researchers. Watch our jobs page for the latest opportunities.
For questions or further information, please email email@example.com.
- The applicant must have obtained their Ph.D. prior to July 1, 2023.
- Postdocs are normally appointed for one year, starting August 16, 2023, and can be reappointed for a second year.
- Recipients must be in residence full-time for the duration of the award period.
Applications are submitted through an online form.
Materials should include:
- Current CV
- Statement of interest, including reference to any courses the applicant could teach
- Names of up to three potential iSchool faculty mentors, including any existing relationships
- Individual Development Plan
- Mentoring plan, to be developed with potential faculty mentor
- The stipend for the 2023-2024 year is at least $60,000 (for a 12-month appointment) commensurate with experience and responsibilities and includes health benefits.
- An additional $2,000 is provided for research, travel, and related expenses.
Postdoctoral research associates are normally appointed for one year, starting August 16, and can be reappointed for a second year. Off-cycle appointments are possible, and alternative timelines are negotiated on an as-needed basis.
Details about funding and benefits are provided in position descriptions when they are posted.
Applicants wishing to be considered for a second year in the program will be asked to provide plans for future work as part of their annual report. If an invitation to renew is offered, selected participants will be given a deadline by which to state their intention to return or not.