Editorial Assistant International Research in Children’s Literature (IRCL).
The International Research Society for Children’s Literature (IRSCL: http://www.irscl.com/) is seeking to appoint an assistant to the Senior Editor of the Society’s journal: (https://www.euppublishing.com/loi/ircl ). The unpaid position provides excellent opportunities to develop knowledge of the field, working alongside established scholars, learning the skills required in journal publishing and developing networks. IRCL is in the process of adopting an online submission system which will handle most of the tasks currently undertaken by the Editorial Assistant creating opportunities for involvement in the editorial process. There will be a period of 2 to 3 months working alongside the current Editorial Assistant, learning the duties and becoming familiar with the new system. While the work is not onerous or time-consuming (it currently takes the equivalent of one hour a day), it is vital to the successful running of the journal.
Primary duties (to be revised with the Senior editor after the online system is in place):
- Receiving and acknowledging articles submitted to IRCL
- Keeping track of correspondence from contributors and would-be contributors
- Assisting the Senior Editor in selecting articles for publication
- Conveying decisions to authors
- Contacting peer reviewers and tracking the review process
- Sending digested readers’ reports to authors
- Keeping records on the submission-acceptance process.
- Performing other tasks related to the journal which may come up from time to time
- Working with the editorial team to ensure that articles and book reviews are published in a timely fashion
- Helping to enlarge the readership and enhance the journal’s profile
Minimum academic qualification: MA in a relevant subject
Anyone interested in this position is invited to contact IRSCL President Evelyn Arizpe at email@example.com to express interest or seek further information.
Closing date: 16 March, 2020